St.George Foundation -
supporting Australian children
St.George Foundation focuses on helping smaller community organisations that work to provide a brighter future for socially, economically or physically disadvantaged children. The charities we fund attract little assistance from the government and are not able to generate significant fundraising income of their own. We want to support the AWESOME work they do for children in our community.
A little goes a long way, and with your support we can continue to help even more little dragons. Importantly, St.George Banking Group covers all our administration costs so all donations go straight to improving the lives of children in Australia.
Little dragons that need our help
St.George Foundation has three Funding Rounds a year. Our next Funding Round opens on 1 September 2015 and closes on 16 October 2015.
If your charity requires funding please look through our Funding Guidelines. Once it has been determined that the charity aligns with our guidelines you can start your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
We have just announced our 2015 Round 2 Recipients. These amazing organisations are:
- Asthma Foundation ACT
- Australian Kookaburra Kids Foundation Inc.
- Australian Leukodystrophy Support Group Inc
- BestLife Inc
- Chain Reaction Foundation Limited
- Eastlakes Women’s and Children’s Refuge Inc. (EWCR INC)
- Harry Meyn Foundation Ltd
- I-Manifest Limited
- Life Changing Experiences Foundation Ltd
- Lilla Foundation Limited
- Little Heroes Swim Academy
- National Centre for Childhood Grief
- Nicole Fitzsimons Foundation
- Open Family Australia
- Paws Pet Therapy Inc.
- Queeensland Kids (trading as Hummingbird House)
- Rainbow Club Byron Bay
- Royal Hospital for Women Foundation
- Sailability Pittwater
- Sports Challenge Australia
- Sydney Story Factory
- Telethon Type 1 Diabetes Family Centre
- Wyong Neighbourhood Centre Inc
- Zephyr Foundation
Kookaburra Kids an amazing program
Destiny’s parents both have a mental illness. Her mother has schizophrenia, bipolar and depression, and her father has bipolar and depression. There were plenty of times when Destiny was scared to come home and didn’t know who she could turn to, getting to the point where she wanted to end her life.
Destiny turned to Kookaburra Kids when she was 8 years old. Kookaburra Kids is an awesome organisation that supports children living in families affected by mental illness. Kookaburra Kids provided Destiny with hope and a sense of family, when her own family wasn’t always able to show how much they loved her. Kookaburra Kids’ program provides recreational and educational camps so kids can take a break and enjoy their childhood. These children have the opportunity to meet other kids in similar families and develop new friendships.
St.George Foundation has given a $46,000 grant to Kookaburra Kids to fund a Camp Leader – helping more little dragons have a brighter future. Now Destiny is a hairdresser, with a great group of friends and has develop better relationships with her family. She believes it definitely gets better as she gets older and is so glad to have the support of Kookaburra Kids in her life.
Did you know?
- Nearly a quarter of Australian children have a parent with a mental illness
- One in two Australians will experience a mental health disorder during their lifetime
- Children who live with a mental illness are 50% more likely to develop mental health issues without early intervention
Chairman of St.George Foundation
Chief Executive, Consumer Bank,
Group Executive Human Resources and Corporate Affairs for the Westpac Group
Chief Executive RAMS & CMO Consumer Bank, Westpac Group
General Manager, St.George Leagues Club
Founder and CEO of Mecca Brands
Please join us at our next fundraising event
Our next fundraising event is our St.George Foundation Ball on 16 October 2015. If you are interested in attending or would like more information, please contact us.
- NSW Golf Day May 21 2015
- Women in Leadership Luncheon Aug 14 2015
- St.George Foundation Ball Oct 16 2015 – Congratulations to the winner of the 2015 St.George Foundation Jaguar Car Raffle, Michelle O’Brien in NSW!
- Brisbane Golf Day 2015
- Perth Golf Day 2015
Thank you to our AWESOME supporters!
- 1300 726 023
- Level 11, 182 George St, Sydney NSW 2000